Age: 61 Gender: Female
Type of Case: Full mouth rehabilitation using dental implants
Chief Complaint: Complained of loose upper and lower teeth
- Generalized periodontitis
- Partially edentulous mandibular and maxillary arches.
- Generalized mobility
Alternative Treatment Plan:
- Total extraction followed by:
- Replacement by removable complete denture
- Replacement by implant supported overdentures.
- Full mouth implant retained upper and lower fixed prosthesis
During the procedure:
- Pre operative diagnostic impressions and radiographs were made.
- Mock up was performed.
- Total extraction of the upper and lower teeth were performed. Followed by immediate surgical implant placement.
- Which included six implants in the upper arch and five implants for the lower arch. Suture removal was done after a week.
- Patient was given a pair of interim removable complete dentures in a months period.
Second stage surgery was scheduled after three months.
- Radiographs were made and healing caps were placed. Prosthetic phase of restoration was carried out.
- Primary impressions were made.
- Open tray implant level impressions were made for the upper and lower arch.
- A jig trial was made. Jaw relations were recorded.
- Try in of the metal framework of the upper and lower arch was carried out.
- Trial of the waxed denture was done and found satisfactory and accepted by the patient. Bisque trial was done and the occlusion was verified.
- The final prosthesis were received after the glaze.
- Upper and lower metal framework were torqued and individual crowns were luted over them using glass ionomer luting cement.
- Access holes were sealed with composite restorative resin and polished.
- One month follow up was carried out.
- A regular six months follow up is advised.