Age: 27 Gender: Female
Type of Case: Midline diastema correction
Chief Complaint: Complained of spacing in the upper front teeth and required an immediate temporary correction.
- History of orthodontic treatment 8 years back, which involved extraction of four teeth.
- Relapse of orthodontic correction.
- Missing 15, 25, 35, 36, 45.
- Root canal treated and Discolored 46.
- Supraerupted 16.
Alternative Treatment Plan:
- Orthodontic correction for spacing and proclination.
- Midline diastema closure using composite resin restoration.
- Preoperative radiographs and photographs were taken.
- A direct composite resin restoration was done on the mesial aspect of both the upper central incisors by layering technique.
- Mylar strips and Teflon tape were used to reestablish contacts.
- The restoration was finished and polished using composite finishing kit and soflex kit.
- A regular 6 months follow up is advised