Age: 36 Gender: Female
Type of the Case: Esthetic correction of the upper anteriors
Chief Complaint: Complained of discoloured and chipped off fillings in the upper front teeth.
- Existing discoloured and ill contoured composite restorations wrt 12,11.21.22
- Periapical radiolucency wrt 12,11,21,22
- Secondary caries wrt 12,11,21,22
- DCPI wrt 16
- Impacted wrt 26, 28
- Mesially drifted and supraerupted 27
- Deep dental caries wrt 36
During The Procedure:
Alternative Treatment Plan:
- Fixed partial denture wrt lower anteriors
- Composite veneers for the upper anteriors.
- Root canal treatment wrt 12,11,21,22, 16
- Advised RCT wrt 36
- Crowns wrt the root canal treated teeth.
- Preoperative radiographs and models were made.
- Mock up was performed on the models. Putty index was made.
- Existing composite restorations wrt 12,11.21,22 were removed that were deep. Secondary caries with the same were excavated and root canal treatment was completed.
- Root canal treatment was completed and crown was given wrt 16.
- Post and core was performed for the upper incisors, followed by crown preparation and final impressions. Crown lengthening was done wrt 12. Shade selection was done. Temporary crowns were made.
- Trial was carried out and patients consent was sought.
- Final cementation of the crowns were done using resin luting cement.
- A regular follow up every 6 months is advised.