Age: 23 Gender: Male
Type of Case: Replacement of a fractured tooth with immediate implant by socket shielding technique .
- Patient complained of broken upper front tooth
- Fracture of tooth at cervical third i.r.t 22
- RCT treated i.r.t 22
During the procedure:
Alternative Treatment Plan:
- Extraction followed by grafting and conventional implant i.r.t 22
- Fixed partial denture wrt 21,22.23
- Removable partial denture wrt 22.
- Extraction of 22
- Followed by immediate Implant placent by socket shielding technique i.r.t 22
- Pre operative photographs and diagnostic models were obtained.
- Crown was removed.
- 22 was extracted leaving a thin layer of enamel and dentin buccally for socket shielding.
- Implant was placed immediately in the region, followed by immediate temporization using old crown.
- Implant was left for 3 months to heal.
- Second stage surgery was carried out and healing abutment was given.
- Final impressions were made using closed tray implant level impression.
- Screw retained final prosthesis was delivered.
- Soft tissue contour was maintained
- Every 6 months follow up has been carried out.
- Dr. Sujay Gopal BDS, FICOI
- Dental Surgeon & Implantologist