Age: 35 Gender: Male
Type of Case: Esthetic correction by tooth contouring and implants.
- Patient complained of missing tooth in the upper front teeth region.
- Congenitally missing 12, 22 and 13, 23 substituting them.
- Retained deciduous teeth wrt 53
- Cervical caries 53
- Root stump wrt 63
- Existing FPD wrt 31,32,41,42
During the procedure:
Alternative Treatment Plan:
- Removable prosthesis replacing 13, 23.
- FPD not an ideal option to replace the canines.
- Orthodontic correction would be a long span and tedious option.
- Esthetic enamel contouring of the permanent canines
- Extraction of retained deciduous 53,63 and immediate placement of implants
- Pre operative photographs and diagnostic models were obtained.
- Mock preparation of the 13, 23 were carried out.
- Deciduous canines on the model were contoured as permanent canines.
- The model was used to educate the patient.
- Clinically, Esthetic enamel contouring the canines to give the illusion of being lateral incisors were carried out by enameloplasty
- Retained deciduous 53, 63 were extracted and implants were placed immediately in the region, followed by immediate temporization.
- Final screw retained implant prosthesis were given in 3 months period after the implant surgery..
- A regular follow every 6 months
- Dr. Sujay Gopal BDS, FICOI
- Dental Surgeon & Implantologist